Pierson Pty Ltd (Designated Entity) proposes a Code Amendment in relation to the land located at 25 Pierson Street, Lockleys (the Affected Area). The Affected Area is presently within the Employment Zone and contains the Westpac Mortgage Centre and the Lockleys Child Care and Early Learning Centre. The Designated Entity has a vision to establish a low to medium density residential development on the Affected Area. This vision necessitates the Affected Area being rezoned from the Employment Zone to an alternate neighbourhood-type zone.
In general terms, the intent is to:
- – facilitate low density residential development up to two storeys at the existing residential interfaces;
- – encourage medium density residential development of a medium scale towards the centre of the Affected Area and along the River Torrens frontage;
- – encourage rear-loaded product to maximise on-street carparking and to support high quality public realm outcomes with a focus on maximising tree canopy cover to reduce heat;
- – potentially incorporate small scale non-residential development along the Torrens River frontage to enhance the experience for pedestrians/cyclists;
- – encourage the provision of open space and improved linkages to the River Torrens Linear Park; and
- – create open space through the site and integrate such space with WSUD principles.
Consultation is anticipated to commence late 2023.